All righty then.
I use my right hand to do EVERYTHING: texting, typing, drawing, bitch slappin…every task that involves the use of hands basically, aside from work which requires me to type or click the whole day. There’s bound to be consequences with that much (ab)use, I know — my right forearm is in pain and my wrist feels like it has arthritis (it hurts slightly when it bends). I fear that these are early indications of carpal tunnel syndrome which is a big fat no no. I guess I have to practice my left to do more tasks, it does feel underused. CTS is scary if not dealt with accordingly.
I’ve learned that if a person can go to you and say things about another person so easily, know that he/she can do the same thing behind your back.
20 Facts About Me
- My full name is Golan Fernando-Canuzo.
- It was originally going to be Kris Kristofferson
- I am Pampango and Batangueño
- I can understand Kapampangan but unable to speak it
- I was first honor from Grade 1 until I was in second year high school
- I don’t smoke and will never smoke
- Reading horror stories scare me more than watching them in movies
- No girlfriend since birth
- I stand 6’ 1”, sometimes 6’ 2” idk
- I still have my very first teddy bear
- I don’t like eggplants. I can’t swallow it and for some reason I will throw up automatically if I detect eggplants in my food
- Psychology is my 7th college degree choice (in order: Mass Communication, MedTech, RadTech, Physical Therapy, Political Science, Information Technology and finally, Psychology…but I wish I considered a business related course)
- I chose my school based on architecture and the surroundings
- I have no ‘best’ friend…
- I feel uncomfortable if my jeans aren’t tight on the legs
- I find my head to be slightly bigger for my body
- I had a brief emo-phase in fashion followed by a kpop androgyny thing…didn’t look good
- I had a crush as a kid on my Kimberly(Power Ranger Pink) action figure. I tied a veil on her head and we got married
- I like the smell of lit gasoline
- I can sense if a person is bullshiting me
Dear UP Pep Squad,
I hope you are not too heartbroken by your defeat, if you can even call it that.
We UP non-athletes can never know how much effort, time, and sacrifice it takes to become as good as you. But we see it in every toss, every backflip, and every pyramid that you guys execute.
We also saw the disappointment in your faces when we lost to NU (who put on a good show).
For us, the UP community, you guys are the real winners. I’m not just saying this as an “aww-it’s-ok-there’s-always-next-year” statement. I’m saying this as someone who sees your bold effort of including activism into your routine.
A lot of people from the rival schools are making fun of you for bringing the LGBT and Women’s advocacy into cheer dance. I’ve read the tweets saying "cheerdance ito, hindi rally". But really, apart from you guys, who else can do that?
Because of you, each Filipino who watches the show (and the unavoidable YouTube uploads) will see that the State University advocates equality.
The LGBT community in the Philippines will find strength in the fact that the premier university respects them enough to include their cause in their cheer dance routine.
Most importantly, the kids who watch the show will be empowered with the knowledge that girls can lift boys and manly boys can dance to Beyonce.
Your routine was unique, difficult, and significant. It passes on a message, and unlike the other routines, it will be talked about until next year and beyond.
NU may have won the title (deservedly so), but for every person who got your message, you still win.